Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Gulf Oil Spill
Thu February 3, 2011
Gulf Claims Process Taking Public Comments
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Feinberg says the Gulf Coast claims process is based on expert advice. His methods for awarding damage claims are now available on the facility's website.
"If somebody thinks there's a better way I certainly want to hear from them over the next few weeks. But I am comfortable with what I'm doing."
Some critics say damage awards have been inconsistent, with many still waiting for checks. Feinberg says the process isn't perfect, but it's an unprecedented effort to repair widespread damage caused by the spill. He says he will consider the public comments in his formula for determining final damage payments for future losses.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.