Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed August 1, 2012
Guilty pleas entered on 'Lil Boosie' drug charges
A friend of imprisoned rapper Torence "Lil Boosie" Hatch and a former Dixon Correctional Institute guard have pleaded guilty to charges of conspiring to smuggle drugs into Dixon for Hatch while he was jailed there.
As part of negotiated plea agreements, state District Judge Mike Erwin put Walnita Decuir on active supervised probation for five years and Joshua Wilson on unsupervised probation for six months.
The Advocate reports Decuir pleaded guilty Tuesday to felony drug charges stemming from two separate indictments. Wilson, who was named in one of the indictments, pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge of interfering with a law enforcement investigation.
Hatch pleaded guilty in November to a number of drug-related charges and was sentenced to eight years in prison.