Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri October 5, 2012
Guards Chastised For Showing Inmates Prison Flick
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. When you board a plane, there's a good chance the in-flight movie will not be about a plane crash. Guards at a Russian prison were less careful when choosing a movie to show inmates. Prosecutors say the prisoners were shown "Next Three Days." That's the Russell Crowe, Elizabeth Banks movie about a jailbreak. Prosecutors reprimanded the guards, calling the film a Hollywood jailbreak manual that fails to promote correction of inmates and prevention of new crimes. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.