Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 11, 2013
Gretna Crime Drops 13 Percent in 2012
Overall crime in Gretna decreased 13 percent last year.
The Times-Picayune reports Police Chief Arthur Lawson told the city council Wednesday night that no murders were reported in 2012 and declines were recorded in all categories of crime except thefts, which registered a slight bump.
Lawson said the department logged a 12 percent rise in arrests. He says officers are assigned small patrol beats which allow them to pass through an area repeatedly and catch criminals in the act, which happens often.