Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 11, 2013
Gretna Crime Drops 13 Percent in 2012
Overall crime in Gretna decreased 13 percent last year.
The Times-Picayune reports Police Chief Arthur Lawson told the city council Wednesday night that no murders were reported in 2012 and declines were recorded in all categories of crime except thefts, which registered a slight bump.
Lawson said the department logged a 12 percent rise in arrests. He says officers are assigned small patrol beats which allow them to pass through an area repeatedly and catch criminals in the act, which happens often.