Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue August 7, 2012
Greg LaFleur claims breach of SU contract
An attorney claims Southern University breached the contract of then-Athletic Director Greg LaFleur when it announced, three days after his arrest on a misdemeanor prostitution charge, that LaFleur had been fired.
A Houston jury acquitted LaFleur on the charge earlier this year.
LaFleur was arrested April 3, 2011, and on April 6, 2011, Southern announced that he had been terminated.
LaFleur attorney Scott Wilson argued Monday to state District Judge Todd Hernandez that Southern breached LaFleur's contract because the university had no cause to fire him.
The Advocate reports Southern Chancellor Kofi Lomotey has said his decision to fire LaFleur was one that had to be made quickly for the overall stability of the school's athletic program.
The judge did not indicate when he would rule.