Most Active Stories
- Le Show For Oct. 26, 2014
- Philadelphia Gets Its Water Management Act Together, And New Orleans Takes Notes
- MONDAY: State Treasurer John Kennedy; and Advocacy Director for Louisiana AARP Andrew Muhl
- Louisiana Department Of Education Releases School Report Cards
- Which Came First: The Mockingbird Or The Musician?
Fri May 16, 2014
The Green Minute: Got Allergies?
Spring is in the air and so are the allergens! Yes, it’s allergy season. While it might seem counterintuitive, most experts agree that as we spend more and more time indoors, our allergic reactions increase. And while allergens typically trigger cold-like symptoms such as sniffling and sneezing, they can also trigger asthma attacks.
If you’re suffering, you may be thinking that you’ll just run to the drugstore to pick up a chemical cocktail of remedies. But what if you tried a more natural approach this year? One remedy is apple cider vinegar, an age-old tonic which reduces mucus and cleanses the lymphatic system.
So: mix organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar into a glass of water three times per day, and drink.
You can also try Nettle leaf, which is an antihistamine. Nettle leaf is an herb that can be ground, brewed and consumed as a tea, or it can be swallowed as a supplement capsule. Finally, eliminating gluten and dairy from your diet actually help reduce allergens in your system as well… because they are allergens.
So you don’t have to rack up a bill at the drug store, you can go, as they say in France (and at the Green Project) au naturel.