Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Grand Isle Water
Wed July 4, 2012
Grand Isle water line temporarily fixed
Jefferson Parish officials say water service was back on Grand Isle Wednesday after a temporary clamp was successfully placed on a busted line that provided drinking water to the barrier island.
The repair was made about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The Barataria Bay water transmission line was apparently damaged by a passing vessel Tuesday morning.
Crews were able to flush the line and get potable water flowing again. Officials say the temporary clamp, while not a permanent fix, allows the island to fill storage tanks to give it enough water to supply the island through Friday.
A barge filled with 400,000 gallons of water is on stand-by at Grand Isle as a precaution.
The line will be shut down Thursday so crews can install a permanent fix.