Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Grambling State University
Tue September 4, 2012
Grambling receives $205K gift
Willis-Knighton Health Systems has donated $205,000 to Grambling State University.
The News-Star reports that Grambling President Frank G. Pogue says the funds will be used to help attract high-level faculty for the university's health care programs.
Willis-Knighton is the region's largest health care firm.
Pogue says the total could grow to $325,000 with additional contributions by the state.
Willis-Knighton Health Systems President and CEO James Elrod says the donation will create three endowed professorships in the health sciences.
The professorships are being named after Sen. Gregory Tarver, for a professorship in nursing education; Shreveport Councilman Joe Shyne, for a professorship in nursing practice, and Nila Wilhoite, for a health administration professorship.