Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Grambling State University
Tue September 4, 2012
Grambling receives $205K gift
Willis-Knighton Health Systems has donated $205,000 to Grambling State University.
The News-Star reports that Grambling President Frank G. Pogue says the funds will be used to help attract high-level faculty for the university's health care programs.
Willis-Knighton is the region's largest health care firm.
Pogue says the total could grow to $325,000 with additional contributions by the state.
Willis-Knighton Health Systems President and CEO James Elrod says the donation will create three endowed professorships in the health sciences.
The professorships are being named after Sen. Gregory Tarver, for a professorship in nursing education; Shreveport Councilman Joe Shyne, for a professorship in nursing practice, and Nila Wilhoite, for a health administration professorship.