Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Reports
Wed September 14, 2011
Government Report Blames BP and Others For Oil Spill
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – The report by the Coast Guard and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management blames the April 20th well explosion on risky decisions that complicated the cementing process. BP said in a statement that the Deepwater Horizon disaster was the result of multiple causes, and other companies involved share the blame. BP specified Halliburton, which ran the cementing operations, and Transocean, owner and operator of the drilling rig. The government says BP is to blame for a cement seal installed in a questionable location the day before the rig exploded. The report will be reviewed at a hearing later this month in Washington.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming