Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue August 28, 2012
Gov. Jindal suspends EMT licensing requirements
The governor has temporarily suspended Louisiana's licensing requirements for emergency medical technicians, to let medical assistance officials from other states help Louisiana respond to Hurricane Isaac.
Gov. Bobby Jindal announced the executive order Tuesday, saying EMT teams from other states were in Louisiana to assist if needed. The EMTs must be licensed and in good standing to practice in another state and must submit those credentials to Louisiana's Office of Public Health.
The order declares a public health emergency in Louisiana.
Power Outage Map