Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri January 24, 2014
Good Eggs: Web-Based Aggregator Expands Its Brick & Mortar Operation
Good Eggs New Orleans is connecting farmers, value-added products, and consumers together in a single system. On this week's Louisiana Eats! we'll speak with leaders of the organization's local branch to hear how their work helps reduce farm waste and keeps money circulating locally.
We'll also turn to Chef Ryan Hughes for cooking tips about bottarga: a cured strip of roe sacks used for finishing salads, pastas and pizzas.
And to celebrate Chinese New Year we'll speak with Andra Ang, a journalist who spent years in Beijing documenting China's cultural changes as it emerged as a global superpower. Her memoir, To the People, Food is Heaven, chronicles her time abroad and the importance of food in the everyone rituals of its citizens.