Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 24, 2014
Good Eggs: Web-Based Aggregator Expands Its Brick & Mortar Operation
Good Eggs New Orleans is connecting farmers, value-added products, and consumers together in a single system. On this week's Louisiana Eats! we'll speak with leaders of the organization's local branch to hear how their work helps reduce farm waste and keeps money circulating locally.
We'll also turn to Chef Ryan Hughes for cooking tips about bottarga: a cured strip of roe sacks used for finishing salads, pastas and pizzas.
And to celebrate Chinese New Year we'll speak with Andra Ang, a journalist who spent years in Beijing documenting China's cultural changes as it emerged as a global superpower. Her memoir, To the People, Food is Heaven, chronicles her time abroad and the importance of food in the everyone rituals of its citizens.