Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri August 17, 2012
Gold Mail Boxes Honor Britain's Gold Medalists
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 10:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. The royal mail has been honoring team Great Britain's gold medalists by painting some of those iconic British red postboxes gold. Rob Smith was upset. His Olympic hero's mailbox was painted in the athlete's hometown, instead of in Lymington where the athlete currently lives and where Mr. Smith lives. And so Mr. Smith painted a mailbox himself. He was arrested, but locals rallied behind him and now that mailbox will stay gold. A win for Mr. Smith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.