Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Red River Radio
Fri March 21, 2014
GM's largest vehicles are high profile at New Orleans auto show
General Motors plans to display nearly 100 vehicles at this year’s Greater New Orleans International Auto Show that begins Friday at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
GM’s regional spokesman Craig Eppling passed through Shreveport yesterday, on his way to New Orleans. He says GM will be featuring its 2015 models of the Cadillac Escalade and the GMC Yukon. These are massive, gas-guzzling vehicles. But he says demand for them is still strong.
“By the government EPA ratings, we’re going to have to get up to the 50 to 60 miles per gallon range, eventually. But, right now, you still have a choice and fuel is relatively inexpensive, and we're used to paying that price," Eppling said. "Think about the fuel economy you might have gotten 10 to 15 years ago. They are much improved in that area.”
Eppling will give the keynote address to the Crescent City Corvette Club, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary at this year’s show. The New Orleans auto show, in its 31st year, runs through Sunday.