Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Wed September 12, 2012
Gettysburg's Electric Battle Map Up For Sale
Originally published on Wed September 12, 2012 8:28 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. This may be the closest you can ever get to owning your own Civil War battlefield. Generations of tourists saw a map at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - 29 feet on each side laid on the floor. This relief map features electric lights to show the battle. The Pittsburgh Post Gazette says after building a new visitor's center, the National Park Service is cautioning off the old map. Not one person has made an offer, though bidding started at $5. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.