Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue June 26, 2012
Getting To The Heart Of The City
Originally published on Tue June 26, 2012 8:06 pm
MELISSA BLOCK, HOST:
Stockton's financial morass is an example of challenges faced by many cities these days.
AUDIE CORNISH, HOST:
In the coming weeks, we'll report on urban life in the 21st century with the NPR Cities Project.
(SOUNDBITE OF STREET NOISE)
BLOCK: Our Cities Project stories start next Monday and we want your input. What is the heart of your city, your favorite pocket park, plaza or watering hole? Please send us pictures and sound.
UNIDENTIFIED WOMAN: The sound of San Francisco is the BART train.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #1: The sound of Santa Monica is the rhythm of rush hour at the gym.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN #2: The sound of St. Louis, Missouri is the sound of dinner time at the local (unintelligible) deli.
CORNISH: Go to npr.org/NPRCities to contribute. And follow the project on Twitter @NPRCities. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.