Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed February 15, 2012
Gettin' Ready for Da Mardi Gras
Baked Beef Brisket (Serves 10 - 12)
1 3/4 lbs. trimmed beef brisket
8 oz bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 liter of Coca-cola
Mix together the chili sauce, the dried onion soup mix and the Coca-cola. Place the beef brisket into a roasting pan and pour the mixture over the brisket. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 3 - 4 hours. When ready to serve, be sure to cut across the grain (usually you can just begin slicing diagonally from the tip.) Slice as thinly as possible and serve in the pan gravy with baguettes or onion rolls.
The wonderful part of this recipe is that it can be made one day and marinated, then cooked while the daytime parades pass and be ready for slicing and serving for dinner. Or, it is also wonderful cooked, cooled and THEN sliced (which makes slicing very thin pieces easier) and reheated in the gravy.
Peeled carrots, potatoes and onions can be added while roasting for a complete meal.
And don't forget to enter our Culinary Quiz! Happy Mardi Gras!