Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Features
Thu May 14, 2009
Gatsby Dog Second Line
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans –
When someone dies in New Orleans, it's common practice to parade through the streets in what is known as a Second Line. This tribute to the deceased is lead by a brass band, which forms the "first line," and its music includes both somber dirges and joyful tunes.
This Sunday, in Algiers Point, the third annual Gatsby Dog Second Line and Celebration will take place, which brings the Second Line tradition to pets. Eve Abrams has more