Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
WWNO News Features
Thu May 14, 2009
Gatsby Dog Second Line
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans –
When someone dies in New Orleans, it's common practice to parade through the streets in what is known as a Second Line. This tribute to the deceased is lead by a brass band, which forms the "first line," and its music includes both somber dirges and joyful tunes.
This Sunday, in Algiers Point, the third annual Gatsby Dog Second Line and Celebration will take place, which brings the Second Line tradition to pets. Eve Abrams has more