Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed September 21, 2011
Crystal Honey Sauce
1/2 cup Crystal hot sauce
1/4 cup honey
This recipe originates with Chef Darin Nesbit of the Bourbon House. Chef Darin tosses fried alligator in the sauce and serves it with blue cheese dressing for dipping, a la buffalo wings.
Bring the 1/2 cup Crystal hot sauce to a boil in a saucepan and boil until it has reduced in volume by half. Add the honey to the hot sauce, return to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook together for 10 minutes.
To use the sauce, toss in fried seafood (shrimp, oysters, frog's legs or alligator) or fried chicken wings and serve immediately.
This sauce may also be used as a basting sauce for pork or chicken.
We'd love to hear from you! You can also enter our Culinary Quiz!