Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Reports
Fri September 30, 2011
Funeral Plans Set For Archbishop Hannan
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu had this tribute:
"Archbishop Hannan was perhaps one of the greatest public figures that New Orleans has been blessed to have in our presence for a very, very long period of time He, actually, personally for me, has one of the reasons that I went to Catholic University of America. He was the chairman of the board of trustees that year. And actually I attended Catholic University in my first year on a scholarship that he was so gracious to provide for me."
Archbishop Hannan will lie in state at Notre Dame Seminary. Public viewing will begin Monday at 6:30 in the evening and last until 9 p.m. Viewing will resume from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Wednesday. A motorcade will then take the body to St. Louis Cathedral, where there will be additional viewing before a funeral mass is set to begin at 2 p.m. Thursday.