Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Reports
Fri September 30, 2011
Funeral Plans Set For Archbishop Hannan
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu had this tribute:
"Archbishop Hannan was perhaps one of the greatest public figures that New Orleans has been blessed to have in our presence for a very, very long period of time He, actually, personally for me, has one of the reasons that I went to Catholic University of America. He was the chairman of the board of trustees that year. And actually I attended Catholic University in my first year on a scholarship that he was so gracious to provide for me."
Archbishop Hannan will lie in state at Notre Dame Seminary. Public viewing will begin Monday at 6:30 in the evening and last until 9 p.m. Viewing will resume from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Wednesday. A motorcade will then take the body to St. Louis Cathedral, where there will be additional viewing before a funeral mass is set to begin at 2 p.m. Thursday.