Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Fri September 30, 2011
Funeral Plans Set For Archbishop Hannan
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu had this tribute:
"Archbishop Hannan was perhaps one of the greatest public figures that New Orleans has been blessed to have in our presence for a very, very long period of time He, actually, personally for me, has one of the reasons that I went to Catholic University of America. He was the chairman of the board of trustees that year. And actually I attended Catholic University in my first year on a scholarship that he was so gracious to provide for me."
Archbishop Hannan will lie in state at Notre Dame Seminary. Public viewing will begin Monday at 6:30 in the evening and last until 9 p.m. Viewing will resume from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Tuesday, and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Wednesday. A motorcade will then take the body to St. Louis Cathedral, where there will be additional viewing before a funeral mass is set to begin at 2 p.m. Thursday.