Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Thu September 24, 2009
Fugitive Sweep Nets Arrests
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The 10-week sweep for fugitives in the region was called Operation Big Easy. Six state and local agencies joined in the program coordinated by the federal marshals. Officials say 432 fugitives were caught in the sweep. U-S Attorney Jim Letten said the marshals office has been especially effective since Hurricane Katrina.
Among the fugitives now in custody are 20 people wanted for murder, 20 for armed robbery, and more than 100 sex offenders.