Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Thu September 24, 2009
Fugitive Sweep Nets Arrests
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The 10-week sweep for fugitives in the region was called Operation Big Easy. Six state and local agencies joined in the program coordinated by the federal marshals. Officials say 432 fugitives were caught in the sweep. U-S Attorney Jim Letten said the marshals office has been especially effective since Hurricane Katrina.
Among the fugitives now in custody are 20 people wanted for murder, 20 for armed robbery, and more than 100 sex offenders.