Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Fri June 13, 2014
FRIDAY: Rep. Vance McAllister; Tom Aswell (Louisiana Voice); Dr. Laura Cassidy & Evelyn Gautreau
U.S. Congressman Vance McAllister (R - La.) joins Jim as the first guest for today's show. Vance comments on the recent Virginia Congressional primary upset with Tea-Party backed Dave Brat defeating House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. He also talks about his recent infidelity scandal, what he's learned from it, and how he's moving forward.
Tom Aswell, publisher of the news blog Louisiana Voice, talks Louisiana politics with Jim, covering everything from McAllister to Jindal, to Cassidy v. Landrieu.
Dr. Laura Cassidy and Evelyn Gautreau, with the Louisiana Key Academy, stop by the studio to discuss dyslexia in Louisiana schools and the troubles it can bring about, (i.e.: learning the alphabet, spelling, reading, and even rhyming words). They promote the Louisiana Key Academy, a school in Baton Rouge devoted to children grades 1st-3rd who suffer from dyslexia.