Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed July 14, 2010
The French Connection
Crepe Batter (Yields 18 - 24 crepes)
2 cup sifted all purpose flour
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon salt
Whisk the eggs and flour together until well mixed. Gradually, whisk in the milk then finally the butter and salt. Cover the bowl and refrigerate batter for at least 10 minutes to let the gluten strands relax and the starch to absorb the milk.
Lightly wipe a 4 - 6 inch crepe or frying pan with oil or butter. Heat the pan and add just enough batter to lightly coat the pan's bottom. When the top of the crepe appears dry, turn out onto a plate and repeat process.
Crepe batter will keep for 2 - 3 days in your refrigerator. Finished crepes can be covered with plastic wrap and kept refrigerated for a week.