Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue May 8, 2012
Foundation Makes Donation to New Orleans Recreation Group
The fundraising arm of the recreation department for the city of New Orleans is about to get a donation from a foundation that was started by one of the city's best-known Carnival krewes.
A news release from the mayor's office says the Pro Bono Publico Foundation was set to announce its planned donation Tuesday afternoon. The donation is to be dedicated to youth programs at the city's Taylor Playground in the Hoffman Triangle neighborhood.
The Pro Bono Publico Foundation grew out of a rebuilding project that the Rex organization began after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.