Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 29, 2011
Former NOPD Lieutenant Testifies About Danziger Bridge Shooting
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Lohman testified that as soon as he arrived at the bridge, he knew the shooting was unjustified. He says police weren't sure who opened fire. He says he later met with officers to coordinate their report, and when a sergeant suggested planting a gun, he says he told him that if one was planted, no one else had to know. Lohman later pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice. Defense attorneys for the five former or current officers now on trial in federal court have argued that the chaos that engulfed the city only days after Hurricane Katrina is a critical factor. Officers say they were responding to reports of shots fired at police. Lohman is expected to continue his testimony today.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.