Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 29, 2011
Former NOPD Lieutenant Testifies About Danziger Bridge Shooting
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Lohman testified that as soon as he arrived at the bridge, he knew the shooting was unjustified. He says police weren't sure who opened fire. He says he later met with officers to coordinate their report, and when a sergeant suggested planting a gun, he says he told him that if one was planted, no one else had to know. Lohman later pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice. Defense attorneys for the five former or current officers now on trial in federal court have argued that the chaos that engulfed the city only days after Hurricane Katrina is a critical factor. Officers say they were responding to reports of shots fired at police. Lohman is expected to continue his testimony today.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.