Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Reports
Wed June 29, 2011
Former NOPD Lieutenant Says Danziger Bridge Report Was 'Horrible'
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Michael Lohman testified that when he arrived at the Danziger Bridge after the shooting, he knew it was unjustified because no weapons were found. But he admitted on the stand to helping officers fabricate a report of what happened, saying the original report was "horrible" because he thought it cleared the officers in an unbelievable way. Five former or current officers are on trial in federal court in New Orleans. Their attorneys argue that police were under enormous stress after the 2005 storm, and were responding to calls that officers had been shot at the bridge. Lohman has pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct justice.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.