Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
WWNO News Reports
Thu November 3, 2011
Former New Orleans Councilwoman Renee Gill Pratt Sentenced for Racketeering
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Gill Pratt was convicted of racketeering. U-S Attorney Jim Letten says he hopes the sentence will deter further corruption.
"Once again, we have a betrayal of public trust by an elected official, theft of public money, denial of services to individuals who so badly in our community needed those." Those charities were controlled by relatives of former U-S Congressman William Jefferson. She was also ordered to pay more than $1 million-dollars in restitution.