Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Thu November 3, 2011
Former New Orleans Councilwoman Renee Gill Pratt Sentenced for Racketeering
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Gill Pratt was convicted of racketeering. U-S Attorney Jim Letten says he hopes the sentence will deter further corruption.
"Once again, we have a betrayal of public trust by an elected official, theft of public money, denial of services to individuals who so badly in our community needed those." Those charities were controlled by relatives of former U-S Congressman William Jefferson. She was also ordered to pay more than $1 million-dollars in restitution.