Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Wed October 5, 2011
Former New Orleans Cop Appeals Danziger Sentence
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Former officer Michael Hunter drove a rental truck carrying officers responding to a call of police in danger at the Danziger Bridge. Two men were killed and four others wounded when police opened fire on unarmed civilians. Hunter pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a civil rights case that resulted in five convictions for his former colleagues. He's begun serving an eight-year sentence. The Justice Department is recommending it be cut to five.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.