Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Wed October 5, 2011
Former New Orleans Cop Appeals Danziger Sentence
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Former officer Michael Hunter drove a rental truck carrying officers responding to a call of police in danger at the Danziger Bridge. Two men were killed and four others wounded when police opened fire on unarmed civilians. Hunter pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a civil rights case that resulted in five convictions for his former colleagues. He's begun serving an eight-year sentence. The Justice Department is recommending it be cut to five.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.