Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
WWNO News Reports
Wed October 5, 2011
Former New Orleans Cop Appeals Danziger Sentence
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Former officer Michael Hunter drove a rental truck carrying officers responding to a call of police in danger at the Danziger Bridge. Two men were killed and four others wounded when police opened fire on unarmed civilians. Hunter pleaded guilty to conspiracy in a civil rights case that resulted in five convictions for his former colleagues. He's begun serving an eight-year sentence. The Justice Department is recommending it be cut to five.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.