Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
Thu July 31, 2014
Former City Councilwoman Renee Gill Pratt Loses Appeal
Former New Orleans City Councilwoman Renee Gill Pratt has lost a bid for a new trial.
The New Orleans Advocate is reporting that federal judge Ivan Lemelle ruled Wednesday that jurors were not "tainted in any way" by a former federal prosecutor who posted online inflammatory comments about the proceedings.
She was convicted in 2011 of racketeering.
Gill Pratt's attorney says he will appeal the decision.
The ruling paves the way for Gill Pratt to begin serving a federal prison sentence she has managed to put off for several years.
Lemelle had ordered Gill Pratt to surrender September 2 to begin serving 50 months behind bars.