Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed October 13, 2010
Food on the Move
Vanilla Pull Taffy (Yields 1 pound)
1 cups sugar
1 cup water
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoons butter
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Then, cook quickly, without stirring to the very hard ball stage 268 - 270 degrees. Add teaspoon vanilla and pour out onto a cold buttered surface. When a dent can be made with a finger, gather into a ball and begin to pull in foot long lengths until light and shiny. Roll into long thin strips and cut into 1 inch pieces. Store in a tightly covered tin.