Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed December 12, 2012
Flying High: Cannon Fires Cans Filled With Marijuana Across Mexican Border
Last year, smugglers tried using a catapult to get pot into the U.S.
Now, U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents say they recently discovered 30 large cans of marijuana in a field near Yuma, Ariz., — and that the barrels apparently landed there after being fired from a pneumatic-powered cannon 500 feet away in Mexico.
The pot totaled about 85 pounds and "was valued at $42,500," NBCSanDiego.com says.
In other smuggling news, "Spanish authorities say they have arrested a Panamanian woman arriving at Barcelona airport with 3 pounds of cocaine concealed in breast implants," The Associated Press says.
The Panamanian woman was picked up at the airport in Barcelona.
So, it seems, we have two cases of flying high.