Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Coast Guard Rescue
Sat September 8, 2012
Five rescued after boat hits river jetty
Five fishermen have been rescued by the Coast Guard and group of good Samaritans after their boat struck a jetty at the mouth of the Mississippi River.
The Coast Guard says all five men were wearing lifejackets and didn't sustain any injuries in the collision early Saturday morning.
The crew of a 40-foot pilot boat arrived at the scene and brought the men aboard their boat before a Coast Guard helicopter responded to a distress call.
The rescued men had boarded a raft after their 65-foot vessel started taking on water.
The Coast Guard was investigating the cause of the incident.