Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed January 30, 2013
First Legislative Bills Take Up Gun Regulations
Originally published on Wed January 30, 2013 5:18 pm
Legislators have begun filing their bills for the upcoming session. The first three take up gun regulation.
State Rep. Jim Morris is responding to possible national regulation that would stiffen gun control. His bill would bar any new national regulation, whether it be law or executive order, put in place after Jan. 1 of this year, from affecting Louisianians.