Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue March 1, 2011
First Deepwater Drilling Permit Issued Since Deepwater Horizon Disaster
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The Interior Department is allowing Noble Energy to resume drilling its well 70 miles southeast of Venice, Louisiana. Drilling was stopped after four days when the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded. The government says permission was granted after the company showed it's capable of containing a spill with a new capping stack system. Governor Bobby Jindal says the move is a "good first step" to getting thousands of oil and gas crews back to work.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.