Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Gulf Oil Spill
Tue March 1, 2011
First Deepwater Drilling Permit Issued Since Deepwater Horizon Disaster
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The Interior Department is allowing Noble Energy to resume drilling its well 70 miles southeast of Venice, Louisiana. Drilling was stopped after four days when the Deepwater Horizon rig exploded. The government says permission was granted after the company showed it's capable of containing a spill with a new capping stack system. Governor Bobby Jindal says the move is a "good first step" to getting thousands of oil and gas crews back to work.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.