Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Fri October 19, 2012
Financially-Strapped Mass. Man Wins Lottery
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 12:03 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene with the story of Sandeep "Sunny" Sing. The Massachusetts man was certainly going through some tough times, working two jobs to help out his mom with money. And his girlfriend just dumped him. Sandeep was running late to one of his jobs and asked his sister to stop by and grab a few lottery tickets for him. Well, one was a winner. Sandeep's taking home a Mega Millions prize of more than $30 million. He said his first priority is to pay off his mom's mortgage. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.