Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Fri August 1, 2014
Before Final Sign Off, Michel Martin Challenges Listeners To 'Tell Me More'
Originally published on Mon August 4, 2014 3:07 pm
MICHEL MARTIN, HOST:
So here we are. Finally, today we'd like to thank you for the time you've spent with us, the talents you've shared with us, the trust you've placed in us and even the treasure you've invested in this program, and in me, through your contributions to NPR.
I'm taking a short break, but as we move forward here at NPR you can follow me on Twitter @nprmichel. That's spelled M-I-C-H-E-L, if you weren't sure, and NPRmichel on Facebook.
Beginning in the fall, you'll hear me on NPR News programs and see me at live events across the country. I'll continue to listen to you about what's on your mind and what's affecting your world. Over these last seven years that we've spent together, we've dipped into thousands of important conversations taking place, in the corridors of power of course, but also in houses of worship, and barber shops and beauty shops, at PTA meetings, town halls and at the kitchen table. I've never forgotten that the voice that really matters is yours. And while this program is ending, my invitation to you still stands - TELL ME MORE. I'm Michel Martin. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.