Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue September 4, 2012
Ferry service restarts in St. John parish
Ferry operations in St. John the Baptist Parish have resumed.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development said the Edgard/Reserve ferry reopened Monday across the Mississippi River in the parish that had severe flooding in some areas from Hurricane Isaac.
Operating hours are 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. More information is available at 1-888-613-3779 or at www.dotd.la.gov .
Ferry service operated by the Crescent City Connection Division between Algiers and Chalmette restarted Sunday. DOTD says the schedule is 6 a.m. to 8:45 p.m.
The transportation department says the Canal Street/Algiers Point ferry in New Orleans remains closed because of Isaac's damage to the landing and mechanical problems.