Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Orleans Parish Criminal Court
Tue May 22, 2012
FEMA Kicks in for Storm Damage at Criminal Court
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has come up with $103,000 to help replace contents of the Orleans Parish Criminal District Court damaged during Hurricane Katrina.
Following the 2005 storm, the basement of the courthouse flooded, destroying the contents of court offices, including the Judicial Administration Office which handles administrative functions required for the court to operate.
FEMA announced on Monday that the contents to be replaced include computer equipment and two-way radios, as well as drug testing equipment.