Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Gulf Oil Spill
Wed February 2, 2011
Feinberg: Gulf Coast Recovery By Next Year
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Gulf Coast claims administrator Kenneth Feinberg says the prediction comes from experts hired to pore over environmental assessments.
"It is reasonable to conclude full recovery by the end of 2012."
Feinberg is using that evaluation to determine damage payments from the $20 billion fund he took over from BP last August. He says oysters are NOT expected to replenish as quickly as other marine life. Those damage claims will be paid at four times the level established last year. Public comment will be taken for the next two weeks.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming