Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Gulf Oil Spill
Wed February 2, 2011
Feinberg: Gulf Coast Recovery By Next Year
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Gulf Coast claims administrator Kenneth Feinberg says the prediction comes from experts hired to pore over environmental assessments.
"It is reasonable to conclude full recovery by the end of 2012."
Feinberg is using that evaluation to determine damage payments from the $20 billion fund he took over from BP last August. He says oysters are NOT expected to replenish as quickly as other marine life. Those damage claims will be paid at four times the level established last year. Public comment will be taken for the next two weeks.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming