Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Thu June 30, 2011
Farming for the Love of Farming in Indian Springs, Mississippi
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – What should we eat for dinner? took on a whole new meaning this month, during New Orleans' first Eat Local Challenge. In order to eat food grown or caught within 200 miles of the city, it helps to know the farmers who grow it. The Indian Springs Cooperative is about two hours from New Orleans in Indian Springs, Mississippi, near Hattiesburg. Eve Abrams journeyed there to learn how farmers working together, out of a love of farming, help each other survive in a changing food world.