Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Wed March 11, 2009
Farmers Market fills need in the city
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, LA –
Depending on where you live in New Orleans, access to fresh, healthy food can be challenging. Luckily there are some people working very hard to change that. Eve Abrams reports.
On March 12, the Crescent City Farmers Market community hosted a book signing for "CCFM Cooks!" Local chefs, farmers and market shoppers recreated recipes they contributed to the Crescent City Farmers Market Cookbook, and autographed copies with Poppy Tooker. Locavore guru, Alice Waters of Chez Panisse, who penned the foreword, was the evening's honorary chair. Eve Abrams reports. More information here