Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon October 19, 2009
Fall Membership Week
New Orleans, LA – If you're like me, you've started your Saturday morning early shopping for the pick of the crop at our region's farmers markets only to head back home in time to brew a pot of coffee and chicory, enjoyed with Isabel's tamales. I then prepare Saturday lunch featuring Mississippi chevre and and cucumbers from La Rose. Sound familiar? The only sounds I've not yet mentioned are the ones on my radio: The Splendid Table on WWNO, 89.9 FM. In the world of public markets, we rely heavily upon the transfer of knowledge we gain from our public radio. While the folks at WWNO sure make it look effortless as they broaden our horizons with new shows on the roster, they can't do it without your help. In the thick of the autumn membership drive, please log onto wwno.org or call 800 286 7002 to vote with your dollars for a healthy harvest of programming.