Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed September 12, 2012
FAA giving $9.4M to Louisiana regional airports
The U.S. Department of Transportation is giving $9.4 million for repairs and other work to improve the safety at 10 regional airports around Louisiana.
Congressman Charles Boustany Jr. says the Lafayette Regional Airport Commission is getting $5.8 million to improve runway safety.
Sen. Mary Landrieu says another $1.2 million will pay to repair the runway at Lakefront Airport in New Orleans.
She says other Federal Aviation Administration grants are for improvements and repairs to airports at Jonesville, False River, Thibodaux, Monroe, Bastrop, Farmerville, Ruston and Winnsboro.
Shots - Health Blog