Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed September 12, 2012
FAA giving $9.4M to Louisiana regional airports
The U.S. Department of Transportation is giving $9.4 million for repairs and other work to improve the safety at 10 regional airports around Louisiana.
Congressman Charles Boustany Jr. says the Lafayette Regional Airport Commission is getting $5.8 million to improve runway safety.
Sen. Mary Landrieu says another $1.2 million will pay to repair the runway at Lakefront Airport in New Orleans.
She says other Federal Aviation Administration grants are for improvements and repairs to airports at Jonesville, False River, Thibodaux, Monroe, Bastrop, Farmerville, Ruston and Winnsboro.
Shots - Health Blog