Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed September 12, 2012
FAA giving $9.4M to Louisiana regional airports
The U.S. Department of Transportation is giving $9.4 million for repairs and other work to improve the safety at 10 regional airports around Louisiana.
Congressman Charles Boustany Jr. says the Lafayette Regional Airport Commission is getting $5.8 million to improve runway safety.
Sen. Mary Landrieu says another $1.2 million will pay to repair the runway at Lakefront Airport in New Orleans.
She says other Federal Aviation Administration grants are for improvements and repairs to airports at Jonesville, False River, Thibodaux, Monroe, Bastrop, Farmerville, Ruston and Winnsboro.
Shots - Health Blog