Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed December 7, 2011
On this week's edition of Louisiana Eats!, Poppy speaks with restaurateur John Currence about his latest collaboration with the Manning family, and then chats with the President & CEO of 2nd Harvest Food Bank about their initiatives around Louisiana.
Sweet and Spicy Pecans
Yield: 1 cup
1 cup pecans
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Melt the butter and add the worcestershire sauce. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, cayenne pepper and salt. Toss the pecans in the butter then sprinkle on the dry mixture and toss to coat the pecans. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in a pre-heated 325 degree oven. Set timer for 7 minutes. Total baking time might be up to 10 minutes. Cool and store.
We're love to hear from you! Enter our culinary contest!