Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed May 23, 2012
Every Hand Helps
Listen as we celebrate Memorial Day with Navy culinary specialists from around the world and visit the Victory Garden at the National World War II Museum.
Don't forget to enter our weekly Culinary Quiz!
Peach and Blueberry Crumble (Serves 6)
1/3 cup pecans, almonds or walnuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups peeled and sliced peaches
1 cup blueberries
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine the (topping) flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Cut in the butter with a fork or a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Stir in the nuts and rolled oats and set aside.
Mix the (filling) flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Toss the peaches in the filling mixture, gently to coat.
Pour peach mixture into an 8 inch square baking dish and sprinkle topping evenly over the peaches.
Bake for 35 - 45 minutes in preheated 375 F. oven. Serve warm topped with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.