Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu July 12, 2012
Evans stepping down as trainer at NW State
Ed Evans, Northwestern State's head athletic trainer since 1989, is retiring and will be honored at a reception in Natchitoches at Prather Coliseum on Thursday, July 26.
Evans arrived at Northwestern as a graduate assistant trainer under head trainer Eugene Christmas from 1979-82. He spent the next seven years as athletic trainer at Natchitoches Central High School. He returned to Northwestern as Christmas' successor in 1989.
Evans was a leader in the state's chapter of the National Athletic Trainers Association, serving six years as president of the LATA and six more years as secretary-treasurer. In 2004, Evans was named the regional "College Athletic Trainer of the Year" by the Southeastern Athletic Trainers Association.