Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu July 12, 2012
Evans stepping down as trainer at NW State
Ed Evans, Northwestern State's head athletic trainer since 1989, is retiring and will be honored at a reception in Natchitoches at Prather Coliseum on Thursday, July 26.
Evans arrived at Northwestern as a graduate assistant trainer under head trainer Eugene Christmas from 1979-82. He spent the next seven years as athletic trainer at Natchitoches Central High School. He returned to Northwestern as Christmas' successor in 1989.
Evans was a leader in the state's chapter of the National Athletic Trainers Association, serving six years as president of the LATA and six more years as secretary-treasurer. In 2004, Evans was named the regional "College Athletic Trainer of the Year" by the Southeastern Athletic Trainers Association.