Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 27, 2014
- WWNO Schedule Changes Coming Next Week
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- The Root Progression: Teaching In A Uniquely New Orleans Way At The Heritage School Of Music
- Working Coast Camp In Houma Teaches Children About Big Industry
Thu January 19, 2012
Ethnic Studies: Teaching Resentment or Pride?
Arizona's Superintendent of Public Instruction recently put an end to Mexican American studies classes in Tucson, saying they violated state law. On Wednesday, host Michel Martin heard from Superintendent John Huppenthal. Today Martin speaks with Adelita Grijalva, the sole Tucson School Board member who voted to preserve the program.