Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri January 11, 2013
Ethics Hearing Set for Ex-Ouachita Parish Sheriff
Former Ouachita Parish Sheriff Royce Toney is scheduled for an ethics hearing March 4 in state district court in Monroe.
The News-Star reports the Louisiana Board of Ethics filed charges against Toney in November for failing to accurately disclose campaign finance reports.
The charges indicate Toney "knowingly and willfully" failed to accurately disclose the purpose of a $30,000 expenditure to his campaign manager, Kim Leija.
Ouachita Parish Drainage