Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 11, 2013
Ethics Hearing Set for Ex-Ouachita Parish Sheriff
Former Ouachita Parish Sheriff Royce Toney is scheduled for an ethics hearing March 4 in state district court in Monroe.
The News-Star reports the Louisiana Board of Ethics filed charges against Toney in November for failing to accurately disclose campaign finance reports.
The charges indicate Toney "knowingly and willfully" failed to accurately disclose the purpose of a $30,000 expenditure to his campaign manager, Kim Leija.
Ouachita Parish Drainage