Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon July 15, 2013
Episode 472: The One-Page Plan To Fix Global Warming
Originally published on Fri July 12, 2013 4:31 pm
Climate change seems like this complicated, intractable problem. But maybe it doesn't have to be.
On today's show, we talk to a couple economists about a very simple idea that could solve the climate-change problem: Tax carbon emissions.
A carbon tax could be paired with cuts in the income tax. And it would drive down emissions without picking winners or losers, and without creating complicated regulations.