Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat February 16, 2013
Episode 436: If Economists Controlled The Borders
Originally published on Tue February 19, 2013 12:20 pm
For the first time in a while, there's political momentum building to change the U.S. immigration system. On today's show, we ask three economists: What would the perfect system look like? If we could scrap the mess of a system that we currently have and replace it with anything, what would it look like?
Among the answers:
- Let in lots more doctors and engineers
- Auction off immigration slots to the highest bidders
- Open the gates, and let everyone in